Friday, August 27, 2010

The Journey

I thought I would get a quick post in while I can. Im currently in Leipzeg Germany for a short layover just prior to going to Kuwait.  I entered the airplane at FT Hood with the words "Once again ladies and gentlemen, please place your weapons at your feet with your buttstocks facing the aisle. Your weapon may not block the aisle." Not your typical overhead announcement.  We were issued our M4s on thursday morning, to be our best friend for the next year.  The trip has been good so far.  Our 1st flight was 3hrs 20 min from FT Hood to Bangor, Maine.  My wonderful family saw me off at FT Hood whether there in person or in spirit.  In Bangor a slew of veterans were there to greet us and the whole airport was shut down for us. The flight from Bangor to Germany was 6.5 hrs.  Our last flight will land us in Kuwait, its about a 5hr flight. Thats about all I have time for now.  Ill shoot another post when I can.

7 comments:

  1. Liepzeg is where your Great Grandfather is from!

    Miss you!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...my grandfather was born in Liepzeg..what a small world...thanks for keeping us posted. I enjoyed talking to you briefly this morning when you called from Germany. I miss you and look forward to hearing from you any way you are able!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Nicole!! Thanks for keeping us posted. Best wishes. We will be following you!
    Love,
    Deb and Joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to chat when you are in maine, continued safe travels sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a safe trip! Thought about you a lot this week. Be safe out there! Love you lots and really proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your trip is going well. We'll be following your blog!

    Love,
    Susan R. & Family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vas is los,wunderban(in otherwords it's great to know where you're on the adventure of your young life!! Germany,its a great omen that your great grandfather has bonded with you in this manner. Also, you have alot of veterans,Mort,Leo,Joe P.,and the Compeon brothers looking out for you......

    ReplyDelete