Sunday, August 29, 2010

Kuwait

I have made it here to Kuwait!  I got in early Saturday morning...or may be it was Friday morning. I still am not quite adjusted to the 8hr time difference. Maybe it was the 4hrs sleep I got the 1st night here...and yes it's as hot as they say it is.  The best way to describe it is imagine a giant blow dryer is blowing on you constantly while your outside...that is about how it feels here.  I promise I'll post pictures when I get a chance but don't have the time or services to do so right now.   I'm using the internet at the USO and you get 20 minutes to do so.  I'll be doing some training here in Kuwait prior to going into Iraq.  The Camp here is not so bad...all buildings have air conditioning, there are some flushing toilets around and even a Starbucks if your willing to make the long walk.  The only cruddy party is I'm back to sleeping in a big tent with about 40 other females, so much for privacy.  Things are going well here and I have bonded with some of the providers I'll be working with.  We are each others "battle buddies" and pretty much walk around everywhere together.  That's all the time I have for now.

Until next time...

-Nicole :)

2 comments:

  1. wow sounds intense over there. Maybe i'll ship you a hair dryer that blows cold air! you know, like a portable ac unit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you are getting settled and that you have "battle buddies". Luna misses you and says woof,woof! I miss you and I'm sending you some ice...sounds really hot and you could use it!I am so glad to hear you have A/C!

    ReplyDelete